The school council has particular functions in setting and monitoring the school’s direction.
School councils have three main responsibilities:
- finance: overseeing the development of the school’s annual budget and ensuring proper records are kept of the school’s financial operation
- strategic planning: participating in the development and monitoring of the school strategic plan
- policy development and review: developing, reviewing and updating policies that reflect a school’s values and support the school’s broad direction outlined in its strategic plan.
Other key functions of school councils include:
- raising funds for school related purposes
- maintaining school grounds and facilities
- entering into contracts
- reporting annually to the school community and the Department
- creating interest in the school in the wider community
- representing and taking the views of the community into account
- regulating and facilitating after-hours use of school premises and grounds
- operating a children’s service at the school.
2020 School Council Members
Nell Carswell (President) Simon McCarthy (Treasurer) Kate Collett (Vice-President)
Colette Hughes (parent) Matthew Coghlan (parent) John O’Callaghan (parent)
Eva Fonnes (parent) Christian Lawless (parent) Alicia Smith (staff)
Sharron Bailey (staff) Benjamin Zonca (staff)
Marcus Wicher (Principal / Council Executive)